The results of this year's $5 Innovative Fiction Contest from DIAGRAM just got posted. I was one of 7 finalists who were then passed to Kelly Link. This year's winner is FC2 author DEBRA DiBLASI's "Quell the Mayhem Night."
The other finalists were:
* "And What of Boys? What Land Do They People?" by Elisabeth Benjamin
* "Four Secrets and Three Lies I Have to Tell About Love." by Kea Wilson
* "Girls Who Love Horses" by Amanda Goldblatt
* "The Many Forms of Rain ___ Sent Upon Us In Those Days Before the Last Days" by Blake Butler
* "Snow" by Mark Leidner
* "There Will Be Sense" by Amelia Gray (yay Amelia)
They will all be in the next all-fiction issue, which last year totally crushed my head, so I'm happy to be a part, and to have been read by Ms. Link. That story is also in SCORCH ATLAS.
Concurrently, I am now running parked content ads at 4 of my new URLs. When people click on the ads on these sites, I get moneys.
DEADWINTER.COM (This is a URL I've had for almost 10 years, and I found out its estimated value is $800 due to the traffic and web rankings it now has. Auction time.)